Self care, cause you're worth it :)
3 months down into 2021, and I feel like the days seem to be going faster and faster. Days fill up with activities, which turn into weeks that have turned into months. Within it, Covid is still around with vaccinations now being available we will hopefully see a dying out of it soon. For the sake of the most vulnerable to it and those have been financially impacted by it the most.
As I sit here on a Friday morning, reflecting on the week that was I consider the busyness around and within me. Heading into April, get to leave Auckland for a reprieve, have 3 long weekends and my mum's anniversary and my birthday dinner. All very fun things, that will help to fill up my tank that is quite rapidly heading to E. This not before a report's due, continuing to house hunt, another NGO coalition following up workshop, and general life admin to complete. Don't even want to consider what's on the other side of my holiday. Life is insane at the moment for me, pair that with what's happening nationally & globally it can all feel like a bit much.
There's so much to do currently, which is why looking after self has been more important than ever for me. I didn't even know what this was until I met a friend who really taught me what it was through her life. Four kids under 10, working and still managing to care for herself. It dawned on me that I had normalised my lack of self care, due to my "busy schedule". A lot of things that I was doing to buy my worth, which is now I realise completely a lie and were killing me.
You'll now find me with similar levels of craziness in my life, but with more of a focus of ensuring I do things to look after me first. It's not a vain or selfish thing to do, but a priority to ensure I'm well enough to do the things that do require my attention & contribution within this season. Simple things that I try to do daily that help me to de-stress & recharge. Some of it spending time running around with my nephews being silly, journalling & a new favourite of mine mindfulness. There's a whole list of things & my wellness basket I have that forces me to stop, pause & do something for me. This has been paired with healthier eating & sleeping patterns too, all things fundamental to me being healthier & not feeling so overwhelmed.
I encourage whoever reads this to make sure you're looking after yourself too. Busyness and stressors will always happen but it's up to us to ensure we are doing things daily to care for us as well. It's helpful to others you care for but most importantly it makes you a better you a healthier and happier person.
God loves you so big!!
xoxo
Comments
Post a Comment