How's your lock down going?

This week has been productive, with level 3 here I've managed to get paperwork done that usually gets pushed to the side because of other tasks.  I've been able to come into work, blessed to not be too impacted by these restrictions but feeling & observing the impact of it everyone I go, which is work & home LOL.

Tiredness, annoyance, frustration & fear are a few of the emotions I've felt this week and seen.  Our TL is on leave currently in Christchurch so our team has had to navigate level 3 without her.  First challenge was one of our work colleagues has her son attending a school with a teacher who lives with a close contact of the latest positive case.  The school was shut until today, but with her result still pending have had to as nicely as possible tell our work colleague to stay home and work.  I think she's been worried about her leave but our work's been great with managing Covid so far so have tried to reassure her that she will still get paid.  

This whole situation has posed the question of choice, health or income which one should take priority?  I think our government has managed Covid quite well with health at the forefront but at the end of the day money is what keeps things ticking along.  This has been the choice so many people have had to deal with recently, a lot of people actually not getting a say in it.  Financial stressors are at a high more than ever for individuals & families which results in other social issues getting worse.  It can sometimes feel like it's not a good time to be alive just being honest.  It's no laughing matter, as people's mental health is on the decline too.  I sound like negative nancy LOL but all of these are facts.  I've embraced this quieter period at work, doing what we can do which can sometimes feel like nothing with our families.  Visits are on hold, and trying to reach them via phone on actual working numbers is challenging to say the very least.  

Nevertheless even as I consider what recovery of this pandemic looks like for myself work wise and otherwise I still have heaps to be grateful for.  It's easier to zoom in on the negative opposed to looking at the blessings we have.  I'm actually in a position of privilege which I don't take for granted, I have my health, job, family and friends.  Things that I've overlooked a lot in the past, but refuse to now.  I also have my relationship with God, healing, peace, provision and a life filled with His grace which I'm so grateful for.

Wherever you are in this Covid journey I pray that you would find God and His peace, provision and love for you within it.  I also pray that even in the challenges you like me, have to be intentional about finding the blessings in your life cause they're there even when we don't see it or feel it.

God loves you so big!

xoxo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When noone listens

A revelation of love

Thank you Mum