Markers

Last night was filled with a conversation topic that I haven't and loved not experiencing within my family. My single season, my sister's who love me lots and just want the best for me proposed the idea of getting some dating experience, so asked if I wanted to go on a date with someone from my old church.  I kind of feel grossed out just typing that out.

It's not a response to him, but more so a response to the very thought of doing that which makes me feel queasy.  Trying to go my own way, guised as a great idea from my family.  I sat in that space, with the very immediate response no while red and awkward from embarrassment.  I got all the but why's and pros of this person in rebuttal from them.  You need to try and it's getting harder to find someone, cause everyone has either got kids, or other baggage to deal with.  My sisters I love them heaps, and love that they want to try to help me it's just I can't verbalise to them the main reason behind my no.

I had some chats with God about it and more so recently have wanted to be set up by someone, my flesh has been crying heaps lately.  However, I know and sense in my spirit that I need to wait.  I obviously don't feel it's the right season either as I'm in my healing journey so not wanting to put that on anyone but God and me.  I as much as it pains me to say if my sister's had asked me a couple of weeks ago when I was more vulnerable I would've leapt at the idea.  As I've continued to talk to God and work through my feelings it's a firm no, and it's not a forever no, just until God clearly says I can.

I had to question whether my no was because of the person that again pains me to say I still like.  Despite the sometimes very annoying communication habits of his, not seeing or talking to him for I don't know how long now.  I still have a lot of like for him.  It annoys me, as I just wish that I could switch how I feel off about him.  Unfortunately God's journeying that with me, and even without a clear outcome that I wish I could run ahead and get I have to do it God's way.

Saying no to set ups, desires and my own way.  Choosing conviction over my flesh.

Watch this space.

God loves you so big!!

xox

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When noone listens

Thank you Mum

A revelation of love