Please stop calling me an Anti-Vaxxer
This week's been a goodie, as in NZ have adapted a new framework to support with protecting Kiwis against Coronavirus. I say goodie, sarcastically as I don't agree with any of how this pandemic has been managed by our government. Tyranny, discrimination, bullying, coercion, censorship & no accountability whatsoever for adverse side-effects to people is what has been actually happening. The manipulation of statistics, fear mongering & press conferences that evade actual questions about the efficacy of the vaccination, and how the separation of the unwaxxed & waxxed is discrimination are some of the not so kind things our PM has and continues to do.
This has been my observation, and experience in the last few months during lockdown. The pressure to get jabbed, has got to the point where people have to choose their body autonomy or livelihood. This is not very fair, it's also got to the point where you choose being included in society by getting double waxxed, or pushed out if you don't. Again there's no fairness in what's happening at all. The best part of this all, has been the labels of Anti-vaxxer, Conspiracy theorist that have been placed on people that question the safety of the wax, or are choosing to wait it out & want to have informed consent before taking it. If you haven't figured it out already, you should know I fall into this category.
I have chosen to wait it out, and want to pick when I get it. This has lead to losing relationships, having conversations with my colleagues that have included, "Well you're going to have to deal with the consequences of your decisions", discussions with a sibling that included "Well if you get sick with Covid, are you going to go to the hospital?" and then a friend recently "Well they've offered a solution, why can't you just take it?". All very hard conversations to be involved in, but hey those that oppose my choice might say "Well you know what you've got yourself into, those that remain unwaxxed need to accept the consequences of their actions". This was another conversation I had this week through social media. The attacks have felt quite real, as my choice somehow warrants me needing to justify it to others. When reality, my medical decisions are noone's business but my own. Period, end of.
As I sat at a lunch with friends those that were protesting peacefully about their choice, were mocked & ridiculed by those I was with. This led me to realising I needed to say something, I couldn't just laugh it off out of fear of what they think of me. I said my piece, and ended up getting really upset as one of the comments that was thrown at me oversimplified my experience. I said, that you guys actually don't know how hard it is to be in this position. Relationships have been strained, people have lost their jobs and then getting labelled as an Anti-waxxer because people want to rightfully wait it out with the icing on the cake being exclusion from society. All I ended with after sharing the facts about my experiences, including working the entire pandemic front line without getting sick, and saying please stop accepting what MSM say about us being Anti-waxxers. People choosing to wait aren't bad people, and although some people within the groups are like this, not everyone is. Like everyone that has chosen to be waxxed have had their choice respected, this is what needs to happen with us that haven't.
It's not even about the jab anymore, this is about being respectful of one another's views regardless of what is being encouraged by those in charge of our govt. Actually being kind to eachother despite our differences is whats needed at this time. Not pressuring loved ones, and viewing the unwaxxed as the scum of the earth, or waxxed as sheep. The division needs to stop.
This will take, unlearning & an openness to do this by everyone, and won't be easy. However it will be worth it.
God loves you so BIG!
xox
Comments
Post a Comment