how to rest when you don't know how to

Two posts in one day.  I'm on leave right now so have more time to write and rest.  When I think about how fast this year has gone by it's crazy, have been on the go and it's good to be able to have this rest to reflect and re-energize.  To stop and pause to hear God too.  It's funny that with the quiet and less to do, the day really goes a lot slower, definitely makes me feel like I'm a child again having no worries and bills.  All you needed to focus was on yourself.

I'm at a weird point in my life, 26 not where I want in my job and ready to move on but at the same time comfortable.  I had this thought today that I really do need to move because I don't think God has called me to live this type of life.  I know He has more planned for me cause there's so much happening in this world that needs our attention, hands, feet and prayer.  Globally and in our own world's the needs are great.  I would be selfish to keep living the life I am now, happy doing me and coasting by the like way my flesh tells me to do.  There's so much to do, and time isn't something we're getting more of anytime soon.  Although I've had a really good rest and the sleep ins have been great, I think I should be using this rest time more productively.  Not overdoing it but doing the things that are going to have eternal value, I can take more time out now to catch up with my girls who I don't make enough time for, continue writing the book on restoration and purity God's put on my heart (it's hard which is why I keep procrastinating over).  Nothing worth doing is easy work.  I just got that revelation today, next week I'm job hunting.  This week is purely for rest so doing things that are going to fill my tanks not drain them.  I have had a lot of time in these first two days and I've loved not doing anything besides watching my niece (who pretty much looks after herself) and tomorrow I have to go run some errands.  Lol even that seems tiring but it's my norm when I'm not on leave, so really appreciate this rest time I get. 

I don't know where I'm going with this post, but it seems like it's become about rest and the need for it.  You might of seen my post last week when I was on the brink of burn out emotionally so these last 2 days have been amazing.  I would be lying if I didn't say I felt guilty about not doing much, but I'm on holiday so shouldn't be but it's like I've believed the lie that if I'm not "doing something" with my time I'm wasting it.  Which is completely wrong, I know that with this week I'm going to be able to do so much more, give more, and generally be a nicer person because I've had time to recuperate.  It's been a time of reflection too, I've realized I'm not wanting to be in this position any longer (work) for more then a few more months.  God willing I will have another job by September.  God can use everything and my job has been a blessing in so many ways but I know it's time to move on so please pray for me as I job hunt know God is working so just have to be disciplined to apply for jobs.  Slowing down has made me appreciate the time and things I have in my life, LOL being able to watch tv with my family, have dinner with them and my bed! and tea! love it.

I think we spend so much time "DOING" our lives that we don't take time to enjoy what God's given us and I am so thankful for this rest! Who knew simply living and being could be so good!

I hope someone is encouraged by this, it's all over the place at times but I do hope that if you like me have felt guilty for taking time out in the past for yourself. You take from this post that it's ok to rest and do you.  God has not created our lives to be always in the process of doing and working.  We have our sabbath each week so if God commanded it you know we need it and therefore you should feel guilt free when you rest.  Holiday mode is great too! think we all need to take time to enjoy what God's given us we will be the better for Him and His work as we do!

God loves you BIG!

Kerri
xox

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When noone listens

A revelation of love

Thank you Mum