Into the thick of it

Oh hey 2022!

Didn't see you in the midst of the continued craziness we are living in.  It's almost February and what a month.  Work started, court and police investigation finished & the healing continues.  

I kind of felt the impact of the last 2 years this week, had a mental health day cause I just couldn't deal with people.  Honestly I was running off adrenalin due to the court outcome last Wednesday and I just crashed.  I feel like I'm still in recovery mode but slowly finding my bearings again.  It's been a goodie but really tiring this month.  Ups, downs and everything else in between.  

I kind of eased myself into work it helped that it was quiet but I know that as school returns it's about to be really busy.  This also with the added job of training staff into my old role, transitioning into my new one which has pretty much been happening since mid last year anyways.  I also forgot to mention my favourite job of all LOL working on health & safety which is an ongoing job.  Covid has gone and made it more fun, and working on maintenance stuff which I'm really thankful the rest of the team help with too, then we get to start women's course.  I think I just went and overwhelmed myself with that list LOL.  

Heading into February I have been continuing to work on my healing journey.  It's taken a break this week as I've recovered but Wednesdays are my nights for that.  Tuesdays are blog days (side project) and Thursdays are for Dad's stuff & my rego work.  Mondays are counselling and Friday/Saturday nights are for fun.  Whatever that looks like.  

In the midst of all of this I'm trying to figure out what my walk with Christ looks like as its shifted with Church in person not occurring & not having any church community as a result.  Is it weird that I'm excited about that?  Haha kidding.  I have my people that I regularly catch up with that feed into me and vice versa.  This in itself has been a massive journey that I've quite enjoyed.  I've connected and detached from different relationships but this hasn't been an entirely bad thing.  Growth has occurred with this, which I'm quite enjoying actually.

Goodness so many things have changed and will continue to as the year ticks on.  I sometimes feel that how I live my life is super structured and there needs to be more flexibility within it.  However I then realize that this is the way I'm wired so why fight it?  I like that my week nights are full and weekends are a bit of both.  I'm really enjoying my me time, singleness & living in this new rhythm.  I'm feeling my healthiest self and I'm really looking forward to continuing to live out a balanced whole life whatever the way God does that.

Final bit if you've read this far.  I have started to make new friends, which at first was draining but I'm feeling Day 2 into it I'm really not the old me.  The person who use to obsessively wait for a response, feel super triggered and just want attention.  Nah she's mostly dead & gone which I'm so grateful to God for and proud that I'm making efforts to try.  I'm sure I'll blog about all of this soon.

If you've read this far thank you! Kind reminder that God loves you big even in the midst of whatever your world looks like!  Have a great year!


xox


Kerri

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thank you Mum

When noone listens

A revelation of love