How to get over a guy without getting under another

It's now May, as I sit and contemplate the title of this post.  I for the most part have always been the chaser (i.e. any of my previous posts) of males.  I've in the past had this tendency to hold onto people as if my life depended on it.  To the point that I was accepting of behaviours that I would tell others to stop putting up with.  

Flip almost a month from the start of this post, I'd like to say by the grace of the Lord I'm constantly learning & unlearning past unhealthy behaviour in exchange for new healthier ones.  I to the surprise of myself & siblings have decided to open myself up to new friends.  This has meant in terms of practicality joining dating apps, which for the last couple of weeks has been an experience.

I've talked to many guys who literally after a few sentences have tried it on with me, one that wanted to meet me after Day 1ish of talking and then my favourite a person who was taken LOL.  There's so more to this story that you only really see on tv, but it's obvious that, that door is firmly closed.  I have also had very good conversations with a couple of guys only to get ghosted the day after hahahaha.  I've had to learn to not take this so personally but understand it's the nature of the whole online set up.

I also have found it real interesting having to navigate multiple different conversations at the same time, which has been tiring.  This coupled with deleting different likes on swipe rights on me.  It's a lot of effort this whole putting myself out there.  It's challenging to not revert into my old hoeish ways LOL but as I reflect on some of the nice chats I've been having one thing remains in all of this.  God's kindness & faithfulness continues to help me especially with self control & discernment.  I have not given into any invites for cuddles or sleepovers and it's continuing to lean into Him that's going to help me stay the path.  I'm not going to sugar coat it, it's not easy especially when it's literally on offer everywhere.  

This has been the most I've been chatted up ever LOL and I'm still figuring out where I sit with it all.  It's nice to have some attention, but when I consider all of it in big picture ways what I really don't want is someone that I really like to have an issue with my Jesus.  A couple of guys that I'm talking to now are aware that I'm Christian, and currently both only see a teeny picture of what my faith looks like.  I'm actually really surprised that I've had a lot of right swipes considering I've put that I love Jesus on my bio.  It's refreshing really, cause even on the christian dating app, I haven't received as many likes which you'd think I would.  I don't know, I kinda think guys think that I'm one of those saying christians but is compromised in matters of the flesh.  However the ones I'm talking to are about to be real let down hahahaha, the ones that I did tell I was waiting before ended up ghosting me the day after so we shall see how we go.  I'm trying my hardest to keep it light and not get caught in my feelings especially when the chats are good at least until I meet them in real life (if we get there LOL).  At the end of the day I am trying my hardest to keep remembering that my worth or value is not in any of these guys or likes I have.  I have worth because of Jesus and this is where my confidence lies.  He's more than enough and keeps showing up even in this.  

I have confidence in the fact that as human as I can be, I'm not going to lose or gain any of it because I get dates or likes.  God has been too kind to me & loves me too much for me to be so fickle with what's been poured out.  So as I go into my Monday, with new goals, things to do and possible blessing I will keep trusting that even in this new untravelled road He has me, as He has you.

God loves you so big!  Have a blessed week!

xox

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When noone listens

Thank you Mum

A revelation of love