Moving forward despite the unexpected and assumed
Over the weekend, I got two experience my culture as share in a moment that I didn't think was going to happen again.
Long story short, I took part in an umu which was so good. I'm feeling grounded in terms of learning that where I am is not a testament to me but my ancestors. Sounds like super basic but it's taken me ages to get this lesson. It was really cool and I'm loving getting to know more about my culture and embracing the history behind it too.
The other thing that happened was to be honest not the best. I'll be really honest, it sucked. I'll spare you the details, but if you've read any of my other posts you know that I've had a history with my bfs that didn't actually become my bfs. I've had a history of being promiscuous because I didn't know my worth. I've even had a season where I've not wanted to be in a relationship because it was too much to go through. You name it, this girls probably been through it.
I didn't know how to respond to what was said to me, I honestly can't even remember what my reaction was. All I remember was talking to this person & 5 secs later I'm away from them talking like I didn't care. Like hello there's no manual where I have an automated response on when someone you have feels for, smacks you in the face (metaphorically of course). Being turned away hurts it really does. I've toyed with the idea that he could have said it by accident or to test it, but I still don't like it. I'll be honest I've cried about it cause I've been way too invested in it. I'm more annoyed about myself cause I misread the signals but by the grace of God I'll be okay.
It's happened to me so much in my life, so you'd think I'd be an expert on it haha. Unfortunately I'm not, I get really annoyed, mad, then annoyed then avoidant then sad. It's a stupid process but this is how I deal with it. I also ignore the said person for a period of time, it's most likely that it's a forever thing but this case is different. Like I can't get away from this person, I do ministry with him, so please pray for me as I pick myself up and carry on in this new season that I'm still in.
I have to do a lot with this person, and my flesh is screaming at me to keep ignoring him (like I did, so mature LOL) but if I'm this Jesus follower like I claim to be I have to be good to him. Like despite my pride, and flesh wanting to run away from church & him my life's not actually about me. So I'll keep turning up and doing what I know that I've been called to do in this current season, face plants, hurt hearts and all. I know there's a lesson behind this, I've obviously gotta cry it out before I realise it. I'll get up though and laugh about it too, one day.
I'm hopeful the right one will come eventually, I just can't revert to going back to being old Kerri because my ego's bruised. Please pray for me and this next season I'm in.
God loves you BIG!
K xx
Comments
Post a Comment