Living life unplanned
This week I abandoned my planner, not deliberately at first I forgot it and then I realized I'd try a week without it. For too long sometimes I can become so obsessed with achieving different things on different days checking of my to do list. What I found this week not having my planner and ticking away I was actually more flexible when change came about. In the past I and still can be now, I'm a control freak however what I think God has shown me this week was the need to put down the to do list and learn how to rest. It's funny how this rest came about though, when I ran out of strength fully came to the end of myself He poured into me and worked. This is what an unplanned week looked like in my world;
From the Monday I was already exhausted after having drama with my family that previous Sunday I was already drained. It leaked into the week and was so tired on Tuesday and that was such a full day had drama again with my Dad and siblings but thankful that by the grace of God He worked through me on that day. I did things like deny my flesh and brought solution to a problem that in the past I would've thrown my hands up in defeat too. It did help that I was the only person available to help because my siblings were busy, so I had no choice but do what I've never done before. After it I realized that we never know what we're capable of until we're forced to do something I was proud and mistakenly put it down to me but humbled knew that it was only by the grace of God that I did things and said things I've never done before. It's funny because I think the Holy spirit is reminding me of the message we heard on Sunday about preparing for God to do new things in our lives this week was evident of that and even now I hear Him say it's just the beginning. We're moving into our new church this week so God's gonna do massive things in it and through it as we allow Him to work through us.
I digress so yes by Wednesday I was really tired, not really physically but every other way. I had a crying session with God about it and He calmed me like He usually does. I felt like I had given my everything and I was so tired and over it and He just reminded me that He was there. Felt pumped for the rest of the day and week and ready to work for Him. I did dread the dinner that I was having with my Dad the following day, however as always God came through and after reading His word got everything I needed for that conversation. So I went and after awkwardly eating trying to rush my dinner so I could leave issues about the weekend came up and instead of getting angry at Dad, I think the Holy spirit gave me the courage to confront stuff that I've never before in a different way. Instead of storming off, I left feeling like God really worked through dinner and now I'm at home sitting unafraid, with my Dad for the weekend. I was after a long week was my annoyed self when my Dad spoke with me about money and respect but ptl I wasn't really engaged in the conversation enough to get mad or react rudely (not as rudely). I'm encouraged by the week it has been hard but thankful that it's pushed me to be more reliant on God and so excited about what He does next through my family. Please pray for us I need to find a home for my Dad and a new job (discipline to job hunt) also my church praying it is a light house to all the lost and unsaved!. Thank you in advance!
So if you find yourself in a similar struggle, be encouraged if God can work through lil ol me and my crazy family He can do anything for you! it's not easy but soo worth it!
God LOVES you BIG!!
Kerri
xox
From the Monday I was already exhausted after having drama with my family that previous Sunday I was already drained. It leaked into the week and was so tired on Tuesday and that was such a full day had drama again with my Dad and siblings but thankful that by the grace of God He worked through me on that day. I did things like deny my flesh and brought solution to a problem that in the past I would've thrown my hands up in defeat too. It did help that I was the only person available to help because my siblings were busy, so I had no choice but do what I've never done before. After it I realized that we never know what we're capable of until we're forced to do something I was proud and mistakenly put it down to me but humbled knew that it was only by the grace of God that I did things and said things I've never done before. It's funny because I think the Holy spirit is reminding me of the message we heard on Sunday about preparing for God to do new things in our lives this week was evident of that and even now I hear Him say it's just the beginning. We're moving into our new church this week so God's gonna do massive things in it and through it as we allow Him to work through us.
I digress so yes by Wednesday I was really tired, not really physically but every other way. I had a crying session with God about it and He calmed me like He usually does. I felt like I had given my everything and I was so tired and over it and He just reminded me that He was there. Felt pumped for the rest of the day and week and ready to work for Him. I did dread the dinner that I was having with my Dad the following day, however as always God came through and after reading His word got everything I needed for that conversation. So I went and after awkwardly eating trying to rush my dinner so I could leave issues about the weekend came up and instead of getting angry at Dad, I think the Holy spirit gave me the courage to confront stuff that I've never before in a different way. Instead of storming off, I left feeling like God really worked through dinner and now I'm at home sitting unafraid, with my Dad for the weekend. I was after a long week was my annoyed self when my Dad spoke with me about money and respect but ptl I wasn't really engaged in the conversation enough to get mad or react rudely (not as rudely). I'm encouraged by the week it has been hard but thankful that it's pushed me to be more reliant on God and so excited about what He does next through my family. Please pray for us I need to find a home for my Dad and a new job (discipline to job hunt) also my church praying it is a light house to all the lost and unsaved!. Thank you in advance!
So if you find yourself in a similar struggle, be encouraged if God can work through lil ol me and my crazy family He can do anything for you! it's not easy but soo worth it!
God LOVES you BIG!!
Kerri
xox
Comments
Post a Comment