new season new challenges and new victories!
It has been a good week, better then a lot have been in the past. I've felt tired physically, mentally but spiritually I really think God continues to undo the bits of me that aren't meant to be there and develop parts that are. So this week, well last week really I redid my CV, and I'm starting to look for a new job. I know it's exciting but at the same time really scary. If you don't know already I've worked in retail for most of my life, and after graduating in 2014 I think it's time to stop making excuses and move to where I think God wants me to be.
Easier said then done right? I've been looking tonight but the difference is that instead of in the past where I've been looking out of a need, this time I'm looking already with an income. It seems simple but to me it shows me that although as childlike as I can be at times I'm maturing. Instead of making decisions based on my emotions and what everyone else says I'm now looking intentionally for where I think God wants me. I think He has placed a burden on my heart for mum's and kids. To be completely honest this scares me, because with the past I've had I feel so unequipped and not ready. To give a little bit of context to this story, I did grow up in a home with domestic violence, and everyday I thank God my Dad stopped abusing my mum when we returned from the women's refuge. With that kind of upbringing it scares me thinking wanting to work with families that have and go through the same thing. I was at work today and I thought about the bigness of finding work in this area and it freaks me out a bit. The violence first of all is the biggest thing, but also the fear that comes with living in environments filled with abuse. I know that God has put this massive dream on my heart and it starts with soaking like a sponge all the info and skills and experience I can out of volunteering at the women's refuge. I go in tomorrow to meet with one of the managers and I'm excited but nervous as well. Fully going in knowing that God has this, not me!. So please keep me in your prayers, ultimately I just want to go and show His love for others through my actions. It's taken me a while to get off my butt and over my fear and do it but praise God it's happening now :)
So back onto the job hunt, it's only just begun but what I'm noticing as I'm looking is that I have a way clearer idea of where I want to apply. It's not like I want to just take anything because although money would have a factor in it it's not the deciding factor in where I want to work. Instead of looking for high pay or better then what I have now, I'm more inclined to go for jobs that help others and still allow me to be there for my family (immediate and extended) the way I am now. I want to work really pursuing the things of God, because once I'm doing that I know that He will give me everything else I need.
It isn't going to be easy there's already a few jobs that I would've liked to apply for but restrictions on drivers licenses and traveling distance have stopped me. However I know that God is faithful and something will come up believing for His best in this next chapter of my life. Although I'm so scared because I'm really comfortable being Postie's stock girl I know that I don't want to be here forever and that God is calling me to somewhere else in the next season. I'm so thankful for the relationships I've built and skills I've learned in my role but it is time to move on. Please keep me in your prayers! for wisdom and direction in this job hunt don't want this to turn into me settling because it gets to hard!
Thank you and God loves u BIG!!
Easier said then done right? I've been looking tonight but the difference is that instead of in the past where I've been looking out of a need, this time I'm looking already with an income. It seems simple but to me it shows me that although as childlike as I can be at times I'm maturing. Instead of making decisions based on my emotions and what everyone else says I'm now looking intentionally for where I think God wants me. I think He has placed a burden on my heart for mum's and kids. To be completely honest this scares me, because with the past I've had I feel so unequipped and not ready. To give a little bit of context to this story, I did grow up in a home with domestic violence, and everyday I thank God my Dad stopped abusing my mum when we returned from the women's refuge. With that kind of upbringing it scares me thinking wanting to work with families that have and go through the same thing. I was at work today and I thought about the bigness of finding work in this area and it freaks me out a bit. The violence first of all is the biggest thing, but also the fear that comes with living in environments filled with abuse. I know that God has put this massive dream on my heart and it starts with soaking like a sponge all the info and skills and experience I can out of volunteering at the women's refuge. I go in tomorrow to meet with one of the managers and I'm excited but nervous as well. Fully going in knowing that God has this, not me!. So please keep me in your prayers, ultimately I just want to go and show His love for others through my actions. It's taken me a while to get off my butt and over my fear and do it but praise God it's happening now :)
So back onto the job hunt, it's only just begun but what I'm noticing as I'm looking is that I have a way clearer idea of where I want to apply. It's not like I want to just take anything because although money would have a factor in it it's not the deciding factor in where I want to work. Instead of looking for high pay or better then what I have now, I'm more inclined to go for jobs that help others and still allow me to be there for my family (immediate and extended) the way I am now. I want to work really pursuing the things of God, because once I'm doing that I know that He will give me everything else I need.
It isn't going to be easy there's already a few jobs that I would've liked to apply for but restrictions on drivers licenses and traveling distance have stopped me. However I know that God is faithful and something will come up believing for His best in this next chapter of my life. Although I'm so scared because I'm really comfortable being Postie's stock girl I know that I don't want to be here forever and that God is calling me to somewhere else in the next season. I'm so thankful for the relationships I've built and skills I've learned in my role but it is time to move on. Please keep me in your prayers! for wisdom and direction in this job hunt don't want this to turn into me settling because it gets to hard!
Thank you and God loves u BIG!!
Comments
Post a Comment