Cheers to the single ladies

Been struggling a lot lately with my single status, its a fight to stay content.  Normally I'm happy bout not having a significant other but because it feels like I'm constantly on my own makes it worse.  I had a good conversation with my mum about it cause I was thinking maybe I am a bit too picky, (who isn't) and from that and thinking about it earlier on yesterday I realized that even when potentials come along I can be blinded by my list.  So I'm not going to get rid of it altogether just going to re-think it a bit, obviously there's the non-negotiables like having to be in a relationship with Jesus that demonstrates faith with action and the fact that I want them to push me towards God and not away and being close with their family.  Other than those the list can be rejigged, throughout this wait and my wait for employment I've found myself feeling away from God, but when I do give Him my longings and real with Him I get my peace back.  Its a daily battle especially when it seems like everyone else is getting married, or into relationships but I take heart in the fact that even if I'm not being pursued by a guy (its nice when that happens) God pursues me everyday and is the only one that accepts me for me flaws & all.  Slightly frustrated with the wait and realizing my bitterness at times but from this moment on just gonna let it all go and allow Him to work.  He will not withhold any good thing from those who live rightly and in pursuit of Him (its a scripture I paraphrased it lol) cause I can't remember where its from.  Being patient and choosing contentment over frustration.  TO BE CONTINUED! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When noone listens

A revelation of love

Thank you Mum